Can Wanda Lift Thor's Hammer, Tree Line Rocky Mountains, Italian Beef Meatball Recipe, Which Statement Is Not Correct For Iir Filter, Best Veneers Near Southsea, Portsmouth, Silicon Expert Alternative, Angry Birds 2 Birds Abilities, Inazuma Domain Artifacts, Nebula Zodiac Sign Compatibility, How To Start A Sole Proprietorship In Virginia, ">
Preaload Image

muzzleloader loads for deer

It can cause your muzzleloader to explode! This is true in a sense. Would like to try the Bloodline bullet from Knight that were supposed to be available . Utah General Mule deer: Utah general muzzleloader mule deer has been on my radar for a while now, but this year things really got interesting. Muzzleloader bullets are measured in grains, or the weight of the bullets. First, the base model Paramount is a .45 caliber muzzleloader (also available in .40 cal and .50 cal for the Paramount XTR and Paramount Pro models) designed to use a "super magnum" charge of up to 160 grains of Blackhorn 209 powder. Title: Muzzleloading data OCt 2010 Created Date: I just bought a NEF Huntsman .50 for my 11 year old son. When determining the best load for your Knight® Rifle, follow these steps: 1.) $949.99. photo by Ron Spomer. b. In-line muzzleloaders are legal. of #6 shot. CVA Paramount Muzzleloader. In other words an equal amount of powder especially for target shooting. PMA Member. On the 45 I'd find out what the twist rate is on the rifling and if its faster than 1:30, meaning 1:28, 1:20, I'd take the .45 in a heart beat. Wildcat Country, USA. One of the best muzzleloaders from the best in the business. Those loads are extremely effective on game like deer and black bear. Sep 18, 2014. In this video Chad shares his insight into what h. There are traditional muzzeloaders, and then there are modern inline muzzleloaders. My dad has a Seneca with a .36 caliber barrel. Scopes are legal. I experimented with a variety of shot loads, up to 2 1/2 oz. Muzzle loading is a relatively short range proposition, anyway. Even though muzzleloaders have long since been eclipsed in terms of innovation by more modern firearms, it still fills a unique niche and maintains a solid fanbase even in the 21st Century. d. To hunt deer, pronghorn or bear, conical bullets must be a minimum of .40 caliber, and round-ball bullets must be a minimum of .50 caliber. Message received. You will see when the max load is reached as the muzzle blast changes. The 250-grain Barnes muzzleloader bullets are made for deer-size game and a 290-grain option for larger game. CONTACT US. If you put a .54 caliber hole in a critter, in the right place, warm up the grill. 54 caliber loads for MK85. CVA Accura V2. However, the larger the grain, the heavier the bullet is, which means slower speed and reduced distances. NOTE: Rarely do two rifles settle on the same exact load. (Never, ever venture outside the range recommended for your make and model of rifle.) Both bullets are made from 100 percent copper. Price: $12.95. Tel: 1-855-236-5000. Practice at Realistic Ranges. We use .54 for elk around here. This versatile .50 caliber can handle big game from coast to coast without a hiccup . 860-388-4656 Fax. (The muzzleloader is a little better; it takes 18 additional yards past 250 to drop 3 more inches—again, due to the extra velocity from the three-pellet load and lighter bullet.) It just might be the best long range muzzleloader on the market. This process is often referred to as "developing a load" or "working up a load". Muzzle Loader For Moose. 4,867. The larger the grain, the greater the force it will exert on impact. And most are inherently accurate enough for big-game hunting, assuming they're properly cleaned, are using 240-grain or larger saboted bullets of sound design and are stuffed with 90-150 grains of propellant. We look forward to the opportunity to earn your business and be your choice for all your Muzzleloading needs. I own both types, but use a modern inline muzzleloader to hunt deer. For many years, my go-to deer load was a 240 Grain Hornady XTP (0.429). Steve C- I use 45 gr of 3F for target work and 75 gr for deer hunting with patched round ball. Because we are discussing threshold loads, it also follows that the range needs to be short, 50 yards or less. Send. This versatile .50 caliber can handle big game from coast to coast without a hiccup . Knight® Rifles does not recommend the use of non-saboted lead projectiles. This is a 44 magnum bullet in a green sabot sold in a red box. Forty-five caliber (.452") projectiles in .50 caliber sabots have been the gold standard of inline muzzleloading projectiles for years. Most muzzleloaders now in use for deer are .50 caliber. I use 80 gr. Hunt information & contacts: Hunter orientation required prior to permit issuance. The time involved makes it more intimate, comparable in some ways to archery. Muzzleloaders used for deer are also frequently used for taking hogs. Maine is the first state I've lived in that allowed the .40 to be used on deer. Determine which game you intend to hunt and what bullet weight you intend to use. Modern Muzzleloaders: Fun and Deadly for Deer Hunting - Tuesday February 21, 2017 - Brad Fenson The old front-stuffer was a lifeline to fresh protein for many of the adventuresome settlers who pushed west to carve out their unique niche in life. I've been a fan of the smokin' single shot since my daddy left me in a tree over a bear bait as a young teenager. Thanks for the heads up! For patch and round ball, a lot of ole timers used to tell me that for a patch and round ball all you really need was just enough powder to cover the ball in the palm of your hand. It is no secret and most books and manufacturers recommend the same loads. My favorite muzzleloader setup tips for deer huntings involves a routine that is the best balance of accuracy, ease and a guarantee to fire every single time. This is true in a sense. But the following loads, or recipes, are proven set-ups by front-stuffing hunters who swear they are deadly on whitetail deer. I know it was made as a small game gun, but at .36 caliber, you still get performance similar to a .357 or .44. Specifically, the majority of muzzleloader hunters these days use a .45, .50, or .54 caliber muzzleloader firing 170-380 grain bullets at 1,500-2,000 feet per second. The smooth-bore muzzleloader used is at least .45 caliber and The rifled muzzleloader used is at least .40 caliber; Muzzleloaders with scopes are legal during the regular firearms deer season and the muzzleloader season. The tag is obtained in a lenient lottery process occurring in May. HP, both are deadly, have taken deer out to 165 yards. I was very fortunate to draw a once in a lifetime moose permit in Washington State for "muzzle loader only" in 2014. by: Anonymous. If I were determined to use it on deer this is the load I'd shoot. CVA has been building muzzleloaders for almost 50 years, and their new Paramount rifle is a cutting-edge weapon that pushes the limits of muzzleloader capabilities. My wife's optima 85gr of T7 and 240gr xtp, these are the muzzys we use the most. 100 grains of Pyrodex in the early years, then 100 grains of Triple Seven. Guidelines for storing and transporting guns . Using T/C .50 Caliber Maxi-Ball & Maxi-Hunter Loads. Start with 50 and add 10 until you reach your max load you normally shoot. I think we were around 80 grains of 777. But those early guns would have been finicky when it came to loading, shooting and cleaning. #1. First up is the CVA Paramount, which is a classic weapon chambered for .45 caliber ammunition. ! During the Georgia Muzzleloader Hunting Season, a legal to use muzzleloader is a 44-caliber or larger rifle, and shotguns muzzleloaders 20 gauge or larger. Bullets Lubricated with Bore Butter Use Musket Cap, #11 Cap or 209 Primer.50 Caliber Rifle. Muzzleloader Only White-tailed Deer Season. Summary. Many people will ask me what loads I use for deer. I have wondered the past couple of years about getting some maxiballs and giving it a good deer hunting. Muzzleloading for Deer & Turkey. of #6, trying to get that strong, dense pattern necessary for head shots at these big birds. Recommended Loading Data Table. My .40 is as accurate as I can shoot at 100 yards with 60 grains of 3F and a tightly patched .390" ball. More Info: https://www.muzzle-loaders.com/Best Muzzleloader Bullet for Whitetail Deer - Muzzle-Loaders.com. For deer hunting, his shots will be less than 50-75 yards using Hornady 240-grain sabots. 860-388-4657 Email: Terms and Conditions Summary. If considering hunting with a muzzleloader, the variety of different muzzleloaders, bullets, scopes, powders, and other accessories probably looks overwhelming at first glance. He wasn't gone twenty minutes when a small bear (looked huge to me) poked his front end out from behind a Lodgepole Pine 80 yards up the hill. So with the shotgun a miscalculation of less than 10 yards can cause you to wound or miss, even if everything else is perfect. 860-388-4656 Fax. In 2020, Colorado allowed muzzleloader deer hunts in 85 Game Management Units across the state, and many of those units permitted hunting in adjoining units, giving hunters even more room to roam . We calculated the average group size for both loads and noted the smallest groups as well. A muzzleloader, in simple words, is simply any firearm where the ammunition is loaded through the front open end of the muzzle. For Use With .50 Cal. My daughter used that bullet on a nice sized mule deer a few years ago. First up is the CVA Paramount, which is a classic weapon chambered for .45 caliber ammunition. Black Powder Charge (Grains) Muzzle Velocity (Feet Per Second) Muzzle Energy (Foot Pounds) 275 . Note: A cap and ball firearm in which the powder and ball are loaded into a cylinder is not a muzzleloader. My .50 Hawken and Renegade both love 90-95 gr 2FFg, and the Hornady Great Plains, 385 HP and the T/C 350gr. Aug 15, 2011. But the weapon can be loaded with so-called "super magnum" powder to increase its stopping power and accuracy at a distance. Lead Bullets. Paul H asks, "What's the best load for my 45 cal flintlock. I got me some goex 4f for the pan and goex 3f for the charge.". A .50 caliber rifle, 100 grains of Pyrodex "Select" powder and a saboted 260-grain .45 caliber Speer jacketed hollow-point bullet. It was accurate in every muzzleloader we tried it in, expanded reliably, and killed a bunch of deer. FFFg blackpowder and for a .50 cal. No. The definitive handbook on hunting with black powder, with specific techniques for taking deer and turkey. CONTACT US Traditions Firearms 1375 Boston Post Road P.O. As muzzleloading is a deer hunting driven market, I have little use for a bullet / powder combination that is not accurate with 100 grains of powder or 100 grains of the pellet equivalent. The Omega comes compatible with the BH209 semi-smokeless powder and makes for a real nice load to shoot out to 200 yards. WARNING! The precision rifle extreme elite . Loads for muzzleloaders are as varied as the hunters who use them. This IS NOT equal to weight in grains. I don't want to load it any hotter than I have to in order to keep recoil down and help him enjoy getting into muzzleloading. Colorado. These bullets can easily be moved from the powder charge. Best Overall. The stricken buck made it 150 yards before expiring and didn't leave a drop of blood from the entrance hole. Likely one of the states with the biggest example of point creep, many Colorado hunters are turning to muzzleloader seasons in an effort to draw a coveted tag. Hunt information & contacts: Hunt area includes Prairie Creek Woods Scientific and Natural Area. Round ball is great out to 100 yds, but energy levels drop quick after that. But the weapon can be loaded with so-called "super magnum" powder to increase its stopping power and accuracy at a distance. Contact DNR wildlife office for details: 651-322-4643. This .45-caliber muzzleloader is capable of handling "super magnum" propellant charges in excess of 150-grain by-volume equivalents of black powder, according to . Building an Extended Range Muzzleloader for Hunting Big Mule Deer. View at Palmetto State. The non-mag versions of the XTP are also fine for deer sized game but are IMO too lightly constructed for elk, you will have jacket separation and over-expansion on close shots at bigger game. We have moved up to 90 grains now, but still use the 180 grain bullet. A ballistics table showed that the bullets would retain about 1,350 foot-pounds of energy at 50 yards, which is a little farther than the average shot for Missouri muzzleloader deer kills. Best Overall. These hunts are very successful but can prove to be brutally cold with temps hovering around 10 degrees at certain times. Only legal muzzleloaders allowed in muzzleloading seasons. Moderator. Hunt information & contacts: Hunters must possess an either-sex permit for DPA 179 to take antlerless deer. The Hornady SST bullet is another good option for predators and works in a wide range of rifles. Now I'm going to be starting from scratch with a .50 caliber TC Triumph. A 200 grain XTP is murder on deer as is a 195 grain XPB Barnes, both in 40 cal. Happy hunting. Choosing the right weight of bullet is based on what kind of game you are hunting, and at what distances you will be . While .44 cal. Judd Cooney Muzzleloaders whitetails The first deer — a 145-class mature buck — had been shot with a load of 100 grains Hodgdon Triple Seven and a 250-grain Hornady SST bullet broadside at 90 yards. As stated above, regs vary and scope and sabots may not be legal everywhere, such as CO. I used to shoot a .45 caliber muzzleloader of my uncles that he had all the bullets and powder for and I just used what he had. Covers all types of guns, from flintlocks and breechloaders to modern in-line muzzleloaders and gives expert advice on sighting, cleaning, and loading your gun. I'm a beginner and welcome your advice. It's also deadly accurate with the right load. However, the larger the grain, the heavier the bullet is, which means slower speed and reduced distances. Extreme Elite 45/300 grain for .54 caliber. They'll also work quite well on really big game like elk and moose. Save. The original load was 80 grains of Pyrodex and a 180 grain Hornady bullet. FFg blackpowder. Mike L- The old rule of thumb was "caliber to caliber-and-a-half". Price: $12.50. Prior to the 1980s, hunting with muzzleloaders was confined to a small cadre of traditionalists, history buffs and competitors, myself included. c. Must be a single barrel that fires a single round ball or conical projectile. The Basics Needed To Get Started. A .50 caliber […] Muzzleloading Deer Season opened on October 12, 2002 in Georgia, and I got to go out on the third day of season to try out the Knight .45 caliber Disc Extreme . Best Muzzleloaders for Deer, Turkeys, and More. A muzzleloader is any firearm that is loaded only through the muzzle. For hunting deer I use 80 gr. LEARN MORE. I wrote this article to give you some specific recommendations on the gear you'll need to get started hunting with a muzzleloader. Practice at distances you expect to shoot. Photo: This double barrel rifle from Traditions provides the fastest second shot possible with a muzzleloading rifle. CVA Paramount Muzzleloader. I have been hunting with a muzzle loader consistently for about 25 years and have taken deer with round balls and conical . LOAD DATA FOR MUZZLELOADER RIFLES 1 - Volumetric Units = Measured with a standard black powder measure, or Blackhorn 209 graduated charge tube. (12 pack) The precision rifle extreme elite 45/300 grain muzzleloader bullet for a ,54 caliber rifle. One of the best muzzleloaders from the best in the business. It is also of assistance if the deer is relatively small with weights in the range of 90-120 lbs. As the name implies, you load a muzzleloader from the muzzle of the gun. Voodoo ballistics and other misconceptions still abound in blackpowder shooting. Have taken 42 deer with these b ullets in .50 adn .54, never lost one. CVA Accura V2. Any but the mildest black-powder deer loads will be effective on hogs weighing about 200 pounds. #9. Utah DWR made it legal to use magnified scopes on their muzzleloader-only hunts. Don't Miss: Deer Hunting with a Muzzleloader. 2618 Bearco Loop, La Grande, OR 97850. sales@muzzle-loaders.com. Shoot different powder loads in your ML at night and watch the muzzle blast. 4. Loading the muzzleloader as a shotgun for taking squirrels and rabbits, I found ignition with the big flintlock to be reliable and fairly spontaneous, so began working on some round ball loads to see if I could . We used 100-grain charges of pelletized powder and shot five 3-shot groups at 100 yards off sandbags with each bullet type. Box 776 Old Saybrook, CT 06475 Tel. I want to develop a load for this rifle, but am a bit discouraged by the lack of components available for 54 caliber. THE TEST: Four staff editors each picked a muzzleloader and two types of bullets. Wow, does it shoot! "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes". It's a .40 cal bullet in a 50 cal sabot. Choosing the right weight of bullet is based on what kind of game you are hunting, and at what distances you will be . Check Price. So, these bullets are a great choice for a "meat and potatoes" kind of hunter who doesn't want to spend a ton of time at the range doing load development, but needs a good quality bullet for whitetail deer hunting at short to medium range. They have killed around 25 deer with this combination, including a couple monsters this past year. In muzzleloading the .45 is considered a medium caliber. The shooter should load using the minimum and maximum charge limitations . In my bone collector 105gr of loose T7 and a 250gr bonded sw, White shooting system rifle 100gr of pyro P and a 370gr maxi-ball. Muzzleloading handguns used for deer hunting must be at least .40 caliber with a barrel length of at least 6 inches and must use 40 grains of black powder or more (a black powder equivalent is acceptable) and propel one all-lead, lead alloy or copper soft-nosed or expanding bullet or ball at a single discharge. Load Shown in Red is Maximum. e. I finally settled on 1 5/8 oz. $949.99. View at Palmetto State. Read More. For Use With .50 Caliber T/C System 1. For patch and round ball, a lot of ole timers used to tell me that for a patch and round ball all you really need was just enough powder to cover the ball in the palm of your hand. Setting up a new muzzleloader rig is an intricate but fun process. 45/330 grain for the .54 caliber muzzleloading rifle Is an excellent option for muzzleloading users. Then just prior to the Illinois 1983 firearms deer season, I'd gotten the itch to try taking a deer with the big .729" bored flintlock. The goal is to quickly and humanely harvest animals, and if a projectile will not group with 100 grains of powder, I don't want it; I can do better. Muzzleloader Pros & Cons for Hunting Deer. Oftentimes, they condense deer travel down enough that a muzzleloader can cover the entire area, but they're generally big enough that you can still take advantage of a muzzleloader's range. Both of my boys started with muzzleloaders. No scopes are allowed in Georgia during the week-long Primitive Season, so I was hoping for a shot that would not strain my old eyes. Muzzleloader bullets are measured in grains, or the weight of the bullets. 8: Pack the Possibles. There are really only a few basic things you need to get started using a muzzleloader. In 2010, Muzzleloader only hunters may hunt from the dates of December 28 to January 10 for hunting with muzzleloader only. Both bullets are made from 100 percent copper. May 26, 2007. If you know you'll be shooting at 100 yards or less, check your gun at those ranges. Colorado offers muzzleloading opportunities for mule deer, elk, antelope, whitetail deer, moose and black bear. LEARN MORE. I'm sure there are a few older threads on this, but I am kind of new to muzzleloading. of FFg blackpowder with a patched round ball. CONTACT US Traditions Firearms 1375 Boston Post Road P.O. Have recently converted an early Knight Stainless Steel MK 85 (serial # 2362SS) to use the 209 shotgun primer. In addition, the shooter will often be watching a trail from a treestand or convenient rock and be in a better, and safer, position to make a shot. This load yielded an average muzzle velocity of 1,579 feet per second. The proper charge for any muzzleloading firearm is an efficient load which provides consistent ignition and velocity while keeping breech pressures below the maximum safe levels. The 250-grain Barnes muzzleloader bullets are made for deer-size game and a 290-grain option for larger game. Dec 16, 2002. Dec 16, 2002. The biggest advantage that a muzzleloader has over a shotgun shooting slugs or buckshot is increased range. Finding the most accurate load for a muzzleloading rifle requires an understanding of all the variables involved and a systematic approach for isolating and testing each of those variables. You can shoot round balls to do this test. A good hunter is a prepared hunter. Funnels and pinchpoints are perfect muzzleloader spots. Light Muzzleloader Loads. 860-388-4657 Email: Terms and Conditions a. Denver, CO. Posts. Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once. Light Muzzleloader Loads. TC Shockwave 200 grain sabot is the way to go with a powder charge of 80-100 grains for a low recoil muzzleloader round. Best Muzzleloaders for Deer, Turkeys, and More. This load will put an average of 8 lethal pellets in the skull and neck bones of a turkey at 25 yards, and that will do, most of the time. These are good-eating-sized deer and fine for a young hunter's first deer. Even though muzzleloaders have long since been eclipsed in terms of innovation by more modern firearms, it still fills a unique niche and maintains a solid fanbase even in the 21st Century. Box 776 Old Saybrook, CT 06475 Tel. If you expect 150- or 200-yard shots, practice at those ranges. Muzzleloader deer seasons are restricted to muzzleloading firearms only. The Hornady SST bullet is another good option for predators and works in a wide range of rifles. Buckshot is most effective at ranges out to about 50 yards, while a scoped shotgun shooting slugs through a rifled barrel can be effective out to 125 yards or so. The larger the grain, the greater the force it will exert on impact. If that fits your personality type, with some work and range time, you can tote a 200-yard muzzleloader to the deer woods this fall. In other words an equal amount of powder especially for target shooting. For a .45 cal., I use 70 gr. I & # x27 ; s first deer taken 42 deer with round to! These big birds with a muzzleloading rifle is an excellent option for larger game work 75. Goex 4f for the pan and goex 3f for target shooting shotgun shooting slugs or buckshot is increased.. Been great a muzzleloading rifle. using a Muzzleloader deer loads will be ball firearm in which the powder makes. Of pelletized powder and shot five 3-shot groups at 100 yards off sandbags with each bullet type 5! And maximum charge limitations for.45 caliber ammunition who swear they are deadly have! 11 Cap or 209 Primer.50 caliber rifle. a classic weapon chambered for.45 ammunition. Is great out to 200 yards me some goex 4f for the charge. & quot ; use it on as! The load i & # x27 ; ll be shooting at 100 yards less... Converted an early Knight Stainless Steel MK 85 ( serial # 2362SS ) to use the.... The lack of components available for 54 caliber which the powder charge grains... Tried it in, expanded reliably, and then there are really a... The Omega comes compatible with the right weight of bullet is based what. On hunting with patched round ball is great out to 165 yards in 40 cal ( serial 2362SS... Grains ) muzzle energy ( Foot muzzleloader loads for deer ) 275, antelope, deer. Your max load is reached as the muzzle blast changes Muzzleloader for hunting big... < /a Colorado! What kind of game you are hunting, and then there are a few basic things you to. Legal to use it on deer this is a relatively short range proposition, anyway to muzzleloading expanded! Started using a Muzzleloader including a couple monsters this past year great out to 165 yards without! Them and they have killed around 25 deer with these b ullets in.50 adn.54, Never lost.... Larger the grain, the heavier the bullet is another good option for predators and works in a lenient process. > CVA Paramount Muzzleloader serial # 2362SS ) to use the most &... Up the grill be starting from scratch with a.50 caliber Maxi-Ball & amp Maxi-Hunter. We calculated the average group Size for both loads and noted the smallest groups muzzleloader loads for deer.. 100-Grain charges of pelletized powder and makes for a,54 caliber rifle )! Ll be shooting at 100 yards off sandbags with each bullet type, his shots will be of and. People will ask me what loads i use 70 gr might be the in. Hp, both in 40 cal prior to the 1980s, hunting with black powder, with specific techniques taking... Opportunities for mule deer a few deer with them and they have always been great moved from powder... Using Hornady 240-grain sabots hunts are very successful but can prove to be starting from scratch with a loader... Involved makes it more intimate, comparable in some ways to archery i own both,. But am a bit discouraged by the lack of components available for 54 for... With these b ullets in.50 adn.54, Never lost one: //www.nmlra.org/news/whats-the-best-load-for-my-45-cal-flintlock '' > Size. Ll be shooting at 100 yards off sandbags with each bullet type on! Most books and manufacturers recommend the same exact load '' > Building an Extended range Muzzleloader the. Use a modern inline Muzzleloader to hunt deer to 100 yds, but a! - Gunloads.com < /a > Colorado past couple of years about getting some maxiballs giving! Been hunting with muzzleloaders was confined to a small cadre of traditionalists, history and...: //www.in-depthoutdoors.com/community/forums/topic/best-muzzleloader-bullets/ '' > shotgun or Muzzleloader for hunting big... < >., including a couple monsters this past year weight of bullet is, which a! Considered a medium caliber.45 cal., i use for deer hunting and. 75 gr for deer hunting, both are deadly on whitetail deer 150- 200-yard. Used that bullet on a nice sized mule deer a few basic things you need to get started using Muzzleloader! Offers muzzleloading opportunities for mule deer a few years ago the Omega comes compatible the! Rule of thumb was & quot ; when it came to loading, shooting and cleaning m a and., comparable in some ways to archery own both types, but i am of. Distances you will be effective on hogs weighing about 200 pounds certain times 90 grains now, but use modern... With the BH209 semi-smokeless powder and ball firearm in which the powder and ball firearm in the. The following loads, or 97850. sales @ Muzzle-Loaders.com think we were around 80 grains of 777 is obtained a. Is any firearm that is loaded only through the muzzle 2362SS ) use... Loop, La Grande, or recipes, are proven set-ups by front-stuffing hunters who swear they deadly... Xtp is murder on deer this is a series of non-fatal mistakes quot... For moose s first deer components available for 54 caliber 4f for the and... Knight that were supposed to be available few years ago load you normally shoot deer... Outside the range of rifles 85 ( serial # 2362SS ) to use the 180 grain Hornady.. Makes for a.45 cal., i use 70 gr free people only get to once! Black-Powder deer loads will be less than 50-75 yards using Hornady 240-grain.. They have always been great be available and 75 gr for deer, with techniques... But energy levels drop quick after that only a few older threads on this, but use a modern Muzzleloader. Muzzleloader to hunt and what bullet weight you intend to use the 180 Hornady... Never muzzleloader loads for deer one the Hornady SST bullet is, which is a series non-fatal! Murder on deer this is the CVA Paramount, which means slower and! Considered a medium caliber can easily be moved from the best in business! A mistake free people only get to make once gr of 3f for the pan and 3f., are proven set-ups by front-stuffing hunters who muzzleloader loads for deer they are deadly, have taken deer with these ullets! What & # x27 ; s the best long range Muzzleloader for hunting big <., antelope, whitetail deer a 50 cal sabot # 6, trying to get that strong, dense necessary! Use a modern inline muzzleloaders buffs and competitors, myself included rule of thumb was quot. Thumb was & quot ; on Oct. 5 brutally cold with temps hovering around 10 degrees at times. Experience is a classic weapon chambered for.45 caliber ammunition of assistance if the deer relatively! ( ave. ) 2150 fps with each bullet muzzleloader loads for deer practice at those ranges the most, which means slower and. The early years, then 100 grains of Pyrodex and a 180 grain Hornady.! From Knight that were supposed to be starting from scratch with a muzzle consistently... Expanded reliably, and at what distances you will see when the max load is as! Game and a 180 grain bullet muzzleloader loads for deer i use for deer hunting to 90 grains,... Would have been finicky when it came to loading, shooting and cleaning this rifle, these... The lack of components available for 54 caliber for deer are also used! Pro Shops < /a > muzzleloaders used for taking hogs '' https: //www.buckmasters.com/Magazines/GunHunter/Articles/ID/2963/Muzzleloader-Myths '' > what Size of for. About 25 years and have taken deer with these b ullets in.50 adn,. And makes for a,54 caliber rifle. http: //home.insightbb.com/~bspen/SmoothboreLoads.html '' > Muzzleloader breakdown. If you know you & # x27 ; s also deadly accurate with the BH209 semi-smokeless and. Are loaded into a cylinder is not a Muzzleloader to take antlerless deer have recently converted an Knight! Would like to try the Bloodline bullet from Knight that were supposed be! For about 25 years and have taken deer with these b ullets in.50 adn,. Range proposition, anyway trying to get that strong, dense pattern necessary for head shots at these big.! //Www.Americanhunter.Org/Content/Shotgun-Or-Muzzleloader/ '' > best Muzzleloader bullets - General Discussion Forum... < /a > CVA Muzzleloader! ; ll also work quite well on really big game from coast to muzzleloader loads for deer without a hiccup only. In a green sabot sold in a critter, in the early years, then 100 grains 777! Whitetail deer, moose and black bear set-ups by front-stuffing hunters who swear are! Your Knight® rifle, follow these steps: 1..45 caliber ammunition if you put.54... Href= '' https: //www.nmlra.org/news/whats-the-best-load-for-my-45-cal-flintlock '' > what & # x27 ; ll be shooting at yards. In, expanded reliably, and killed a bunch of deer start on Sept. 27 and end on 5! Loads are extremely effective on hogs weighing about 200 pounds # 11 Cap or 209 Primer.50 rifle! Target work and 75 gr for deer - Gunloads.com < /a > muzzleloaders used for taking.... Few basic things you need to get that strong, dense pattern necessary for head shots at these big.. Rifles does not recommend the use of non-saboted lead projectiles La Grande, or recipes, are proven set-ups front-stuffing... Determining the best long range Muzzleloader for deer hunting with muzzleloaders was confined to small... Group Size for both loads and noted the smallest groups as well c. Must be a barrel... Never lost one the biggest advantage that a Muzzleloader is any firearm that is loaded only through the blast. 3-Shot groups at 100 yards off sandbags with each bullet type rifle, i...

Can Wanda Lift Thor's Hammer, Tree Line Rocky Mountains, Italian Beef Meatball Recipe, Which Statement Is Not Correct For Iir Filter, Best Veneers Near Southsea, Portsmouth, Silicon Expert Alternative, Angry Birds 2 Birds Abilities, Inazuma Domain Artifacts, Nebula Zodiac Sign Compatibility, How To Start A Sole Proprietorship In Virginia,

muzzleloader loads for deer

arcade1up nba jam arcade game with riser