Preaload Image

thailand agent orange 2021

I suffer from hypothyroidism, neurological issues, and have had several episodes of Transient Global Amnesia. What do I do now? What about the men who served aboard ships with asbestos Our son was conceived when we lived there. U-Tapao Air Base, Thailand, 1972 The National Archives return to top I have had experiences with the VA similar to yours. Nevermind that he was likely suffering from the metastatic cancer for the previous few years.undiagnosed. Cant find any records of Decontamination of Aircraft but i was in close contact, Launching, Recovering & Securing these helos after either IN COUNTRY or SHORE RESCUES. During this rather dismal 14 month period I often wondered why so much red tape when the facts were undeniably evident (at least to me!) I will write a personal note to the VA claims department so he will not be forgotten in this process. We were stationed at McLellan in 69. Im glad that those exposed to Agent Orange are FINALLY getting some progress with the VA and federal government. The best thing for my situation was accomplished by my VSO officer. Trying to add timeframes is like saying one person can have same contamination but we dont care because it was before a war period. THANK YOU- Christopher Cross In 2017, he was no longer able to communicate and was unable to control his bowel movements. When I got home I worked at NASA Moffitt Field and then got a job as a Pipefitter for Local 38 and worked first on an Oiler USNS TALUGA in Oakland Docks, and at the Naval Dry docks at San Francisco Triple -A 3rd street on DD, FF, Destroyers, and the USN supply ship Mars . I believe I might get something after I am dead. I only get the run around when I call. Ten have them Submit another claim for you. Fortunately, I finally learned that the best way to deal with PTSD was to have a vigorous workout every day! Pancreatic Cancer 25 years ago at only 68 years old! Thanks for helping the lady above. My Father Thomas H. Wilson Sr. (Deceased) died on February 14, 1986, after a gruesome battle with Bone, Lung, and, Stomach cancer. Iraq war vets facing similar problems with VA that Vietnam vets had to put up with.. Whats new?. I had 2 children die at full term due to birth defects, I believe to be related to Agent Orange exposure in Vietnam My oldest son has a rare bone issue untreatable, I believe due to Agent Orange! Senator John Boozman (R-AR) that would eliminate barriers to benefits for veterans exposed to Agent Orange who served in Thailand during the Vietnam War-era as part of a comprehensive package to improve Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) health care and It was our only source. I suggest you keep applying as the last Sect. In the same time frame as my Prostate claim submission I was diagnosed and had subsequent surgery for Bladder Cancer. Appointments. A little compensation for Why wont the VA properly recognize my 100% physical disability obviously caused by exposure to Agent Orange for the last 40+ years??!!!! Get 4 of 6 problems. Will every case be reopened? Did you carry/transfer AO to our ship or have any records? 100 percent service connected. Can you help? Another one of my buddies was just diagnosed with bladder cancer. Good luck to you. Offspring of AO exposed veterans often get tumors. Is anyone else aware of this. I had asked my VA rep because a classmate of mine had this particular problem that your family has. They go hand in hand but the government doesnt recognize all the years my husband had dementia. Still no answer. Its the birth defects given to the children of the veterans. Agent Orange was used at my location. Almost every county has Never hear much about this treatment and the affect it had. U-Tapao Air Base, Thailand, 1972The National Archives, Health Care Ischemic Heart Disease (including Coronary Artery Disease, stable and unstable angina, myocardial infarction, and sudden cardiac death) I was at mountain home afb 1975 to 1980. Im an ex-Marine who was stationed at Camp LeJeune (and Camp Geiger) for a total of seven months in 1972. How the hell did we know what it was. HS6 and HC7, both performed Search and Rescue and HC7 was the US NAVYs ONLY COMBAT SEARCH AND RESCUE SQUADRON IN VIETNAM. I hope that for those who have struggled with financial burdens that help i have hearing loss, VA plans, budget, finances, and performance. I dont know where to start- and going by all these posts of ppl like myself- its looks pretty bleak for outcomes. I looked up, followed and had much respect for older folks, especially veterans and the advice they have given me. Its easy. Why? Yet as you suggest, they are simply waiting for us all to die off. Sounds as tho EVERYTHING is denied!! US kept all the Nerve gas and Orange on the Island until 1995. He had me late in life . Right!!!!! Sol Bobst is a great guy. As I understand it Walter Reed Army Hospital conducted trial (experimental) treatments on him to no avail. Hi, sorry to hear about everyone having issues getting benefits for thier loved ones. Trump legal team requests six-month delay in New York civil lawsuit. I was turned down cold! Died 6 years ago of AO related lung cancer. He helped me with Agent Orange and Camp Lejuene exposure. I was exposed to agent orange while serving in Korea on the DMZ. 2 [Discussion Draft] 1 SEC. Sinus surgery in 1999, again she said no go. I served in Vietnam in Long Binh and Saigon area from Nov 1966 thru Oct 1967 in the Army and had Agent Orange sprayed me many times. Loaded agent orange, asked what was in the drums, they said they could not tell me. The Secretary recently concluded the first iteration of a newly formed internal VA process to review scientific evidence to support rulemaking, resulting in the recommendation to consider creation of new presumptions of service connection for respiratory conditions based on VAs evaluation of a National Academies of Science, Engineering and Medicine report and other evidence. My daughter lived for a month & 7 days. The Young man handling Agent Orange claims referred me to my own civilian doctor and even paid for the visit. A VSO may be able to do something, but dont hold your breath. Catch 22! Longshot, but were you there in 68 as well. I have lost a kidney to cancer, had stage 3 Lymph cancer treated, skin cancers, and colon cancer treatments. Skinner acknowledges that he can get health care from the VA. The PPA has not been considered. I would love to see the number of cases where the applicant has died before their case has been resolved. Respiratory diseases?? hcwjr/ponyhunter98 VAs review supports initiation of rulemaking to address the role that particulate matter pollution plays in generating chronic respiratory conditions, which may include asthma, rhinitis and sinusitis for Veterans who served in the Southwest Asia theater of operations during the Persian Gulf War and/or after September 19, 2001, or in Afghanistan and Uzbekistan during the Persian Gulf War. Some are just collecting a paycheck. Gave me shock treatments and sent me on my way. I was in Nam 18 months, 29 April 68 to 7 Dec 69, I have Diabetes 2, receiving 30 % compensation for AO induced Diabetes 2. Last I knew Vietnam was in Southeast NOT Southwest The planes were routinely decontaminated after they landed on the carriers. These are the evidence pieces you should give to your VSO, or if filing on your own, the evidence you scan and attach when submitting a claim at VA.gov. Im not sure if VA has put me into the exposed group. Its shameful how they have forgotten us. As a 30 year retired United States Air Force Disabled Veteran, I have prayed for this day to come. (Even though he had rectal cancer and now has a colostomy.) Diabetes Mellitus Type 2 It is shameful how they have forgotten us if they can lie their way out of doing anything for us. If your location and time frame is on the list and you were previously denied disability based on herbicide exposure compensation, you can file a supplemental claim. Sen. I am compensated for it, though. Rhodes joined the military in 1968. The va gives you meds but dont wont to give benefits.Our svo where I live dont even wont to talk to you.I tried to get him to make copies of . The investigation did confirm use or tests in additional sites and dates in other locations. Parkinsons? Makes no sense. Were you in Vietnam? I guess they rather spend the money on recounts and political stuff. We flew into areas that had been sprayed with agent orange. He has a number of health issues. In addition I have hyperthyroidism. Operation Ranch Hand exposed millions of people in Southeast Asia and at least 500,000 American troops to the chemical. To this day I have Hypothyroidism and asthma which are two of the side effects in children whos parent was exposed to Agent Orange. It seems we are not getting any help from the very people whose jobs it is to help us. Got out at 100% and dropped down to 10% in a year thanks to our wonderful government. Lived for basically 5 months. Foc also told me that the PAHC senior executive has left and there are no more nurses to assist the doctors. Camp Lejune , 6 months of 71. Unlike veterans who served in Vietnam and certain areas of Korea, veterans who served in Thailand are not entitled by law to a presumption of exposure to tactical herbicides, the spokeswoman said. VA will apply the provisions of court orders related to Nehmer v. U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, which may result in an earlier date for entitlement to benefits for Veterans who served in the Republic of Vietnam during the Vietnam War. I wish I live near you so we help each other out to ease the stress! Who has those, certainly not the individual service person. I still dont understand why skin cancers are not recognized of all things that were exposed SKIN. What is going to be done for families that have already loss loved ones prior to this ruling? The appeal was resolved through a joint motion to remand. is not going to do anything unless forced tothen they will make a big deal about it,make sure everyone knows,then after a year maybe 2 they will start to reduce benefits, I have recurring bladder cancer, since 2005 it has come back several times, and also several times with precancerous cells that has to be lasered out,went from 100% reduced to 60% because the V.A. I also served on an Aircraft Carrier, USS Kearsarge as a Flight Deck Director, Yellow shirt from 9/67 to 5/68 and had HS6 Search and Rescue and HC7 Combat Search and Rescue HOMEBASED on our ship. My husband found a good advocate 150 miles from where we lived and got all his benefits. I was there for six months at ft. McClellan the Va keep trun me down on my lung that started there at ft. McClellan they say they dont know what to called it they know they dont want to Admit to it my name is Roy Kilgore, Can someone tell me why or how Agent Orange can skip the stomach. How old is Robert now, where do you think he lives at. I too am having issues obtaining benefits for my husband who served in Vietnam. Shouldnt the VA have records of pulmonary following him those 4 years with repeat chest x-rays to monitor deterioration of his COPD? Please, if anyone else has been diagnosed with Aphasia, or PPA -Primary Progressive Aphasia, please contact me. I served in Vietnam 66-67 a grunt with the 1st Infantry Division I have intestrial lung disease/pulmonary fibrosis these are not considered related to agent orange exposure which is toxic so Im not eligible for disability and it should be you have to get lung cancer to get benefits. My father battled a round of prostate cancer and 10 years later Leukemia which is what killed him Both caused by agent orange. He was in Korea 6 mos after the presumptive tome of exposure to agent Orange. But they dont seem to have to jump through hoops to get help. Vietnam, 69 and 70. Husband had sinus and respitory issues for years. Advertisement. Marshall retold the story of his years during the Vietnam War where . I was a Flight Deck director on the USS Kearsarge Aircraft Carrier. have hearing loss. Sorry for your loss. Catherine, you and other children of vets have to keep filing with related conditions in order for the VA to show a heredity correlation to the disease to base the approval. I was an organizational automotive mechanic in the Marine Corps as well as doing a stint of armory duty. https://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/locations/tests-storage/index.asp. He (McHenry) was a walking encyclopedia of information, Skinner said. Iserved during the v nam war. I have had cancer and other illness but still got denied 3 days before Christmas. says the recurring bladder cancer shows improvement, does no good to call,email,any so called Representative, mine wont even send me an email saying go screw yourself This mysterious delay is not helping. I have tinnitus and PTSD and it have being not approve my claim., for those. Over two years in one place. He loved his job. I have his claims on file in my home. A VA spokeswoman said If enacted, S.657 would expand universal eligibility for veterans who served in Thailand. 800-829-4833, Veterans Crisis Line: You will find a very good article that explains qualifications. Contact a VSO at VA.GOV. Named for the colored stripe painted on its barrels, Agent Orange best known for its widespread use by the U.S. military to clear vegetation during the Vietnam War is notorious for being. Any info on how to file and win a claim would be appreciated. During the daily exposure of ground hull bare nonskid surface, we were subject to a daily cloud of toxic particulate matter with only minimal safety protection. DOD knew in 1980s and Reagan gave several billion for Superfunds, matter of records, but even though it is proven those chemicals cause various diseases including Scleroderma and many autoimmune diseases. If you were in VN, now this disorder is on the presumptive list. Examined for Agent Orange four years ago. The majority of his career has been dedicated to assisting veterans with legal issues nationwide. The VA medical providers do not do this. WASHINGTON - The Senate Veterans' Affairs Committee advanced legislation introduced by U.S. This goes on all the timeIm hung up on constantly, if I call 3 times they just hang up on me 3 times. If I were a civilian in Aniston I could sue and at least get my medical bills paid forbut I was just serving my country so I guess I dont deserve to be treated like a human being. Parkinsons? Its about time! The AFHRA memo said that although use of commercial herbicides is documented, the Air Force archivists found no mention of the transportation, payment for or use of any tactical herbicide to control vegetation on Air Force installations in Thailand. Saw VSO last month. A thankless smelly unending job, which I was proud to do. Vietnam 69 and 70. Be well, Bobby. What about soldiers that were made to take the PB pill to inoculate us from nerve agents during Desert Shield/Desert Storm. Interior Department announces new initiative to restore bison population. I couldnt agree more. I had heart surgery in 1998 to remove the pericardial sac from my heart. Call: 988 (Press 1), U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs | 810 Vermont Avenue, NW Washington DC 20420. Dont give up. The longer they can lie and deny the more they save. File a claim at va.gov. My daughter had to have her thyroids removed when she was a young teenager. Get more resources at VeteransCrisisLine.net. Each generation poisoned the one after them with Chemicals they used on our bases. The Virus can no longer be used as an alibi. I tried to respond to you twice, but they wont accept my posts for some reason. Now I have all kinds of wonky neurological problems and autoimmune disease. He passed last year and I am sure his condition was caused by his exposure to Agent Orange or Blue Water exposure. I did all of a I served in Vietnam in 1967. If these conditions are presumptively associated with exposure to Agent Orange, why does the VA take forever to settle claims? My name is Beverly Smith and my husband Rodney died 28 months ago with Lung cancer. I lived in Okinawa in 1967-68, then was in Navy in Vietnam from I also inquired about a dental cleaning which I have been getting off campus. Without their help I doubt that it can be done!! Time is running out for these veterans, Brown said in an email. My disability claim was denied. My husband, who is a Vietnam vet, has scleroderma. Steven, if you have not yet, check out Children of Vietnam Veterans Health Alliance on Facebook. The Kearsarge is NOT YET a BLUE WATER SHIP but i remember Launching, Recovering and Securing these Helos after IN COUNTRY or Near Shore rescues. How about the contaminated waters in Fort Dix, I served in Thailand at the end of the war as a crew chief on F-4s. What do I have to do. He died at the young age of 47 due to cancer in his leg. Im not a Veteran either but I was born with the severest form of Spina Bifida. Has it been found that it infected mechanics that worked on helicopters and airplanes that were used with agent orange? Put in claim many years ago when bladder cancer became presumptive. Good luck and thank you for your service! Ive been living with severe motor skill losshad to relearn how to walk and need to keep working even though Im in my seventies and need to hide my tremors and speech difficulties for fear of losing my job. He told me the funeral home would take care of it. 67-68 Tet. Had a doctor and a judge state that my leukemia was the result of exposure to agent orange but the VA is giving me 0 per cent compensation.

San Marcos Police Department Internship, Slingshot Ride Website, Williamson County Tn School Board District Map, Acceptable Moisture Levels In Floor Joists, Articles T

thailand agent orange 2021